almost 8 years ago
Thanks for registering for the MTA AT&T App Quest! We're thrilled that you're interested in helping change the way 8.5 million people commute every day by creating the transit app of the future.
Hackathon attendees: keep improving your hack, start creating a video, and see what else is required for your hack to qualify for the virtual challenge.
New participants: read on and get started on your submission today!
New/existing mobile apps are due August 20, 2013.
- Get the scoop: review the competition requirements & judging criteria.
- Get inspired: explore great APIs, datasets, and the MTA Wish List. Your app must use at least one MTA data set and/or the MTA API. You're also encouaged to use additional APIs and datasets.
- Decide on a mobile platform: Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone, or mobile web? Whichever you choose, make sure it's optimized for smartphones, tablets, or both.
- Start your draft today. Start filling out your application now so that you don't feel rushed as the deadline approaches. Even if you don't have all the details yet, you can choose the "Save as Draft" option and come back to it later.
- Enter a new/existing app, or start building one today.
Earn prizes, recognition, and exposure
Your app will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges featuring leaders in tech, telecom, transit, media, academia, and venture capital. The most innovative transit apps will be in the running to win a share of $40,000 in cash & prizes.
Join the conversation with #AppQuest on Twitter, and help spread the word by sharing this with a software developer, UX/designer, or transit hacker you know.